Home brewing antics can now be found at my other blog; http://gettinggrist.blogspot.com/

Tuesday 27 April 2010

The Waiting Game

Well, the climbing beans I planted in my homemade newspaper pots are doing rather well. So well, in fact, that they're getting to the stage where they need planting out. The fear of frost has, thus far, prevented me from getting them in the ground, but I'm not sure how much longer I can hang on.














I have a few spare days this week, before work takes over my whole life in May, so I need to use the window wisely.

The five day forecast suggests temperatures no lower than 4deg overnight, and then we're into May. The longer range forecast is suggesting a more unsettled spell for the start of the month, but that at least means cloud cover, and the threat of frost will be retreating.

So, you know what I'm thinking. I'm tempted to get them in. Anyone else have their beans outside yet, unprotected?

2 comments:

  1. They look really healthy. I've only sown my dwarf beans so far, and they're still in the greenhouse. I'll give it another week or so before I sow my climbers. I'm having a go at some yellow and some purple beans this year, I don't know what they're like, I just thought they'd be different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. Mine are standard green ones - we had a blind taste test between these French climbers and normal runner beans last year. Every member of the family went for the French climbers, so that's all I'm doing this time around.

    ReplyDelete