125g unsalted butter
120g chopped dark chocolate
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup Dragon Stout
2 tablespoons Dark Rum
¾ cup sifted flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 160c, line a baking tin with baking paper and set aside.
2. Use the heat from the pre-heating oven to melt the broken chocolate and butter in an ovenproof dish. Once melted, stir and leave to cool before adding the sugars, mixing well to combine.
3. In a small bowl beat together 2 eggs, yolks, vanilla, stout and rum until smooth.
4. Sift flour with salt into a separate bowl.
5. Stir stout mixture into the chocolate mixture in thirds, alternating with flour by 1/3 cupfuls, and stirring after each addition until batter is just blended. Stir in nuts if desired. Do not overbeat.
6. Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven about 1 hour. Let cool to lukewarm before slicing.
As you see, my nuts sunk, but let's not get personal.