Home brewing antics can now be found at my other blog; http://gettinggrist.blogspot.com/

Saturday 31 December 2011

Reminiscing in late December’s frost...

I’m pleased to say the last twelve months have certainly bettered the previous dozen which I posted about on New Year’s Eve last year. 

My health took an upward curve; the dizzy spells and anxiety haven’t left me completely but they’re under control for the most part, without any form of medication. 

The brewery came into its own after the steel fabricators listened to my concerns and made some alterations. When I’m on song, it makes some really good brews and it’s a breeze to clean. And my first foray into the world of home brewing competitions saw me pick up a third in the national event.

The allotment provided us well. I kept things simple in 2011 and although some crops were a little neglected, we couldn’t complain with what the plot rewarded us with.

All in all, 2011 was a solid year on which to build. And build I will, for I have plans for the new year. I have no idea if they will come to fruition, but I’ll be doing my damndest.

As far as the plot goes, I’ll be growing a bit more than last year, but not doing so much that it becomes a burden. With the brewing, I’ll be trying to perfect a handful of my favourite brews with a view to the future.

It’s become apparent over the last few years that work began to invade every hour of my life. Watching, calculating, writing. And with it my time, family time and let’s be honest, good times, suffered.

This time next year, with a bit of luck, things will have changed. Maybe not significantly, but hopefully for the better.

Love to you and yours, wherever you are.



1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Mark and all the best to you and your family in 2012.

    I'm taking a page from your book and plunging in with a beginner's garden. Thanks for keeping this blog up so I can go into your archives and LEARN. :-)

    ReplyDelete