Home brewing antics can now be found at my other blog; http://gettinggrist.blogspot.com/

Tuesday 2 February 2010

Welcome

I like things in life that are rewarding.
You plant a seed, it grows, and with a little care and attention it bears fruit.
Similarly with brewing; a few grains of barley, water, chuck in some hops and yeast and you have beer.

To my mind, time spent down the allotment, or in the kitchen rustling up a new brew, is time well spent. For a few hours it gets you away from the stresses of modern day living.
And, at the end of it, you get something nice in return for your labour - unless you don't like courgettes. Everybody, of course, loves beer.

If you wish to join me, trying to juggle my two hobbies around work, you are most welcome. If you don't, then sling your hook or I'll come at you with one of my courgettes...

2 comments:

  1. Mark, I'm really looking forward to seeing how this pans out. The photo across the top gives the blog a relaxed feel. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,
    Thank you so much.
    I honestly love your header, very original. I look forward to reading about your growing adventures and your homely cooking creations.

    I really do miss my allotment plot, but will find joy in growing little in my tiny garden plot and reading about others adventures at their plots.

    Happy Growing and Happy Eating!

    ReplyDelete