Home brewing antics can now be found at my other blog; http://gettinggrist.blogspot.com/

Wednesday 3 February 2010

A Little History

As I'm a little incapacitated at present, it might be a good idea to bring you up to speed as to what's been going on at Plot 66.
2010 will by my fourth season on this site and it's taken me this long to fathom out what works and what doesn't. If a particular crop is vulnerable to pests, I don't bother with it. And growing up the allotment is a whole different ball game to doing it at home - pigeons, rabbits, foxes, field mice are all things I've never experienced in the garden, but are rife on the plot.
So what do I grow? More of that later.
Here's the uninspiring piece of land that faced me on my first visit.











Within a few months I had it cleared and divided into six beds. Not a mechanical tool was used at any stage, just hard graft with a spade and fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment