Home brewing antics can now be found at my other blog; http://gettinggrist.blogspot.com/

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Can You See What It Is Yet?

Do you remember the days when ice lolly sticks had jokes and riddles on them? "What gets wetter the more it dries" was one that has remained imprinted on my mind all these years.

I'm not sure why I bring that up, although I've just returned from the allotment, having got a good deal wetter than I planned. The wet stuff wasn't supposed to hit until about 15.00hrs so I spent the morning trying to get the first hop frame finished.

The pictures aren't great, as it was a bit grey and murky and it decided to rain within a few minutes of my arrival, but hopefully you can see the frame taking shape.










































































It's a bit Heath Robinson, but the plan is for the hops to grow up the short vertical and then continue along the incline, so that I'll be able to harvest the cones from beneath. The bed below the frame will be planted up with strawberries.

A second frame will be positioned to the left of this one, for the other hop variety. I'll hopefully be able to get that one made up next week, while things are quiet on the work front.

Oh, and the answer to that riddle was a towel. I'll get my coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment