Home brewing antics can now be found at my other blog; http://gettinggrist.blogspot.com/

Wednesday 1 June 2011

The Best Beer?

Two pints of beer. The first doesn't mess about. Flavours dance on the tongue, a real explosion of summeriness that grabs you immediately by the balls and lifts you above the humdrum. And the bitterness bites, but in a nice way.

The second is perfectly balanced. And has perfect manners. It doesn't scream and shout to get attention.  As it glides over the taste buds, it whispers politely, as a reminder (should you need it), that it’s good. Very good.

Some of my job entails me to write. But I don't write about beer. If I did, I'm sure I would devote more words to the first. A stunning beer, one that makes a big impression. A headline grabber.

But here comes the poser. What if I find myself subconsciously drinking a couple of pints of the second beer while I actually write the piece? Which of the two is now the better pint?




1 comment:

  1. Horses for courses... Perhaps they're both great in their own way, the second is better for writing with while you'd just want to sit back and enjoy the first ... :)

    ReplyDelete