Home brewing antics can now be found at my other blog; http://gettinggrist.blogspot.com/

Saturday 9 July 2011

On The Wagon - Day 1

‘Tis true. I’m off the booze 7 for days.

Not quite sure what brought it on, but I guess waking up every morning feeling sh!te may have something to do with it.

It’s not just the drink either. The offer of a lovely homemade scone with lashings of jam and clotted cream would normally have me drooling. The other day I turned the offer down. Just the thought of it just made me feel fat and unhealthy.

So I’m not doing anything too rash. No gym subscription, just a week off the beer to give my body a break.

Yesterday (Friday) was the first day. I did succumb to one homebrew with my dinner, but at 1036og that doesn’t really count. I’d get more of a kick from the alcohol in my mouthwash. But that’s it now, not a drop until next Friday when we have friends over for dinner. Or at least, that’s the plan.

I’ll try and post every day. A bit like therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment