Home brewing antics can now be found at my other blog; http://gettinggrist.blogspot.com/

Tuesday 7 January 2014

2014

Despite not posting since September I am still here. Alive, yes, although not kicking as hard as I would like.

And if the start of this year is anything to go by, 2014 is going to be a real test.

The wife has broken my business laptop and last weekend I put my back out. She had no hand in that, mind you, that was all down to a game of darts. Clearly my ageing bulk is no longer as supple as it once was, or perhaps I was simply too tense following the laptop discovery.

So it's been a torrid start to the New Year, which also brings with it the prospect of some big changes.

The wife? Alas, she's a dab hand at breaking things, but the marriage is just about surviving. Work definitely needs to change, though, although being nearer fifty than forty doesn't make a change of direction easy (just ask my back).

The one thing that will remain constant, however, is that vegetables will be grown. I just hope I find more time in 2014 to report on their progress.

Happy New Year to you and yours, wherever you may be.

2 comments:

  1. That doesn't sound like the best start to the year! Hopefully things will improve for you.

    Best of luck with the job hunt.

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we're getting the full year's worth of rain out of the way now. With a bit of luck well have a goo spring to get things going.

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy. I hope life and the allotment are treating you well. Have a good growing year.

    ReplyDelete