Home brewing antics can now be found at my other blog; http://gettinggrist.blogspot.com/

Wednesday 24 March 2010

Busting For A Leek

I've already bored you with my Labyrinthits, so I'll spare the details with regards to yesterday's procedure. I was up the hospital though, just for a minor op, and all went well and I'm meant to be resting up today.

I'm not good at resting up though. I get bored far too easily, especially when there are jobs to be done. Like getting up the allotment and getting my leek seed in.

Still, that will have to wait until tomorrow. Today's boredom was lifted slightly by the arrival of my replacement compost bin.


















So I unwrapped it, took it down the garden and transferred all the compost from the melted bin, into the new one.



















Not the most exciting of posts, but it's not a very exciting day.

Tomorrow, whatever the weather, I'll be down on the plot as I am desperate to get my leek, parsnip and spring onion seed in. My work begins to get in the way this time of year, so I need to make the most of any free day - rain or shine.

Oh, and I should have said. I've not had one bout of dizziness today, which is a major step forward. I even feel like a beer, so perhaps I'm on the mend. I'll be back with the brewing bug real soon...

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your op went well. It's always busy at this time of year. I start to feel as though I'm dropping behind with things if I'm out of action for a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your feeling much better.

    Perhaps it was done without much thought when you were taking the picture as the focus was the compost bin, but I actually liked your photo of your hanging pots on the fence. Now that i no longer have an allotment plot, I'm looking for other ways to utilise space. So thank for shairng that.

    ReplyDelete