Home brewing antics can now be found at my other blog; http://gettinggrist.blogspot.com/

Thursday 2 December 2010

New Mash Tun

The good news is I've picked it up.

A picture from above, showing the central drain hole.

























From beneath, showing the outlet.






























And back on the frame.

















Now the bad news. There had to be some, as nothing has gone smoothly with this project from the start.

The observant among you may have seen in the final shot that the support brackets on the mash tun have not lined up properly on the frame. The obvious mistake, moving from a conical to a flat bottom, was that the outlet from the mash tun no longer lines up with the pipework to the pump, as it's now that bit higher.
Removing one of the supports on the pipework meant that I was able to connect it up, the downside being that the tun is now in a different position to the original. The brackets on the tun are riveted on - I guess I can cut them off if need be. For now, it's just resting on the frame.

To be honest, I'll be happy if the damn thing just works properly. If I can make beer without any headaches, sorting out the aesthetics will be a breeze.

Next brewday? Next week. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment