Home brewing antics can now be found at my other blog; http://gettinggrist.blogspot.com/

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Guerrilla Tactics

1st May. The day to don your camouflage and go commando. Actually, underwear is probably advisable, but you know what I mean. For Sunday May 1st is, apparently, International (Sunflower) Guerrilla Gardening Day.

My profile picture may give the impression I’m some sort of house burglar and probably a dab hand with many things illicit, but I must confess, I’ve never got involved before. Apparently, guerrilla gardening is the strategic deployment of seeds, bulbs and plants - Illicit cultivation if you will, of public spaces. You can read more about it here.

There are a couple of spots close to home that could do with a bit of a spruce, so I may well venture out, under the cover of darkness and sow my seed when the time comes. I may even plant a sunflower or two...



1 comment:

  1. That post brought a couple of quite nasty images to mind. Thanks, Mark.

    ReplyDelete